Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lap of Luxury

Wow I don't think I've ever stayed in such a shit hole!!! I arrived in Bondi today, where I have booked myself for 4 nights on the beach. However, I'll be shocked if I survive 2!! My room is on the top floor and it's miserably hot because there is no AC. Plus the fan that we have makes noise, but doesn't blow air? It is unbearable to sleep, and getting ready without using a sweat rag to dry your face is nearly impossible. Thank God for my new friend Melody, or I think I would have started crying. She is one of my roommates, and now my new bff for this leg of the trip....Luckily once you get out of the room, life isn't too bad here. The water looks a lot like Florida; except everyone around you has a funny little accent. There is this beautiful coastal walk that connects about a dozen beaches; so we used that to get a little exercise for the day.

Last night I got to meet up with 2 of the Aussie girls that I met; while I was in Belgium last fall. It was so great to see them!! While traveling, you meet some of the most amazing people and it's sad because you usually will never see them again. So it was so fun to get to share a cocktail with them in Australia. Who'd of thought I'd ever make it all this way?:) Then tonight, Mel and I are heading into the city to meet up with yet another Aussie I met in Amsterdam. Should be a fun evening!!




No comments:

Post a Comment