I'm not really a huge tennis fan, but it is cool to actually see them play live. Especially when your watching it in Australia. Yesterday was the first day of the Open, so we decided to get there a little early to get tickets. I don't know how we got so lucky, but our seats were right up front. We saw lots of random matches on the side courts, and the big ones we got to watch were Sharipova, Venus Williams, Roddick, and Federer. The whole set up of the place was really cool; with lots of different activities to do. Eventually your butt starts to go numb and you need to stretch your legs, so they had this really cool beer garden that had a live band and lounge chairs set up around a jumbo tron; which showed the match going on inside. Of course we decided to finish our day off there.
Tonight was our last evening together (my possy), so we just stayed in and cooked a nice meal in the common area. Unfortunately the time has come to go our separate ways, and to meet our next group of friends in our new adventures. However mine doesn't start until the 24th, as I will be in Melbourne until then. So hopefully I will be able to find some replacements.....
 |
| Roddick |
Those are great seats! That's a fun experience to have in a foreign country--did you ever go to the US Open here? It's a good time...definitely worth a trip to queens (haha).
ReplyDelete