Sunday, January 9, 2011

Journey Begins...

 G day Mates
I arrived in Australia in the early hours of Jan 7th; after a travel day of 38 hours. For the most part it was fairly uneventful, except for that time when I peed in the shower while in the Dubai airport? There were 2 ladies bathrooms, and I chose the ones on the left. It appeared to be a normal restroom; complete with a line of 2 other women; although none of which appeared to be locals. However when I got in the stall, I saw that it contained only a hole in the ground; with a hand held shower to your right, and a toilet paper roll and holder to your left. I’ve heard about these restrooms, so I assumed this was “normal”. I grasped onto the handicap looking bars and dangled my ass over the hole; trying my hardest not to pee on my pants or my ankles, and then hurried out of there as quickly as possible. Later I was IM’ing w a friend who had been to that airport, and she so kindly informed me that that was used to “wash up”, and the actual bathroom with toilets was through the door to the right…awesome!!
Most of my Friday was spent resting, and then when my friend got off work we headed up the coast to stay in the unit his family owns on the water. Unfortunately the weather has been really crappy. They are experiencing some of the worst weather they have had in 100 years, so it’s been raining non-stop. Although, luckily my plans are flexible; so I looked to see where the sun was shining and then booked my next adventure. Melbourne here I come! I can say there is nothing more freeing than looking at the forecast; seeing where the sun is shining; and then just deciding that you are going to head that way next. Life is good and I have a feeling it’s only going to get better!!

Unfortunately I found ths outside my bedroom window!!
Eeeeeeeeeeeek!!!



4 comments:

  1. Colleen would shit her pants.....thank God she's not with you. Be safe! Love you, CL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoohoooo!!!! You made it I can just picture it you a handle and a hole not to mention you dangling your butt! Classic Courtney story !! Have fun! Oh by the way do the toilets really flush the other way? Michael Saldana

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm, wtf? Are you trying to torture me? I will now have nightmares for weeks, given that I still check every nook and cranny at Doris' from my horrible experience 3 months ago. I'm glad I visited AU in the winter...they were all in hiding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure that if Moe saw this post yet she had nightmares. And a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete